Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use
Personal information and private life
Information relating to a physical person and enabling their identification is personal information.
Non-disclosure to third parties
The BDCA does not rent, sell, or exchange personal information (for example, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.).
The BDCA undertakes not to disclose such personal information unless it is requested under a legal obligation or a court order or in the context of the execution of a contract entrusted to a third party. When the BDCA retains the services of an external company, it employs all appropriate means to ensure that your personal information is protected in accordance with the laws applicable to the BDCA and that it is collected, used, retained and destroyed in a manner that respects the regulatory framework to which the BDCA is subject.
Security of data
The BDCA takes all necessary measures to ensure that your personal data are not accessible to third parties, other than authorized managers and employees of the BDCA. Your data may be stored outside the country. In this case, the BDCA will do all it can to ensure a level of protection equivalent to that offered for data stored on Canadian soil and will ensure in particular that all applicable legal requirements are met, including those relating to the protection of data.
In the event that the geolocation function is activated on your browser when using the Website, the BDCA uses your position only to improve the ergonomics of the Website.
The BDCA does not track your movements when you use the Website. You may disable the geolocation feature on your device at any time, by consulting the manufacturer’s instructions. Deactivating the geolocation function may prevent you from accessing certain functionalities of the Website, however.
Cookies are used to facilitate and optimize your navigation on the Website. Cookies are small text files that are downloaded and saved in the memory of the device you use to view Web pages. Cookies used by the BDCA do not enable the collection of your personal information.
The BDCA uses Google Analytics analysis tools on its Website. These tools collect, analyze, measure and present data on visits to the Website, with the goal of understanding and optimizing Internet usage.
The BDCA retains this type of information to compile statistics, including on:
- The number of visitors
- The most frequently used pages
- The technology used by its Website clientele
- Referring Web sites
- Users’ countries of origin
- Data collected by Google Analytics are transmitted outside Canada to Google servers and may be processed in any countries where Google operates servers. These data may be subject to the legislation of such countries. For further information on this analysis tool, refer to the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
Access to your personal information and Right of correction
Under the Act Respecting Access to Documents Held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information (bilingual Web site), a person may request access to information concerning him and may have it corrected.
Content submitted by users
All content submitted by users will be used in compliance with legislation that is applicable to the information they submit.
The BDCA applies high standards and uses strong security systems in the design, implementation and daily operation of the Website and the servers and networks underlying it. In addition, the BDCA continues its efforts to detect and block intrusions into or aimed at its Website.
The BDCA has put in place various means to ensure that your personal information is protected against the risk of loss and theft, and the risks of unauthorized access, communication, reproduction, use, modification or destruction. These means include physical, administrative and technological security measures deemed reasonable given the degree of sensitivity, the quantity and the format of the personal information collected and the storage methods used.
Navigation on the Internet, HTTPS and encryption protocols
When you navigate the Web with your browser, it determines whether communications are adequately protected and displays a padlock symbol in the page to confirm that the communication session is safe. Caution: This does not apply to the mobile application.
The BDCA uses the safest encryption protocols available on its Website. All confidential data travelling between your communication device and the BDCA Website are protected by effective cryptographic means, thereby ensuring the confidentiality of your information.
Be that as it may, the BDCA wishes to clarify that for optimum operation, the mobile application requires a connection to an Internet network.
Links to other sites
The Website contains hyperlinks that provide quick access to Web sites belonging to third parties and managed by them. The BDCA puts these hyperlinks at the disposal of users of its Website for purposes of convenience and does not exercise any form of control over the content of the sites to which these hyperlinks lead.
In addition, the BDCA makes no declaration, gives no approval and accepts no liability in respect of the content or use of such sites. Finally, it is to be noted that information presented on these sites may not be available in French or in English.
User Code of Ethics
The BDCA makes respectful communications a priority. It invites users of its Website to adopt this same principle when they address it and its representatives by e-mail or through the Website. It also expects that users of its Website will avoid any personal attack, incendiary language or quarrel with other members of the community.
Managers and users of the BDCA Website are also required to uphold this principle of respect in online communications regardless of their form: informational content, visual content (graphics, photographs, etc.), online chat, comments, etc.
In the language of the Internet, uppercase characters are equivalent to shouting and can be interpreted as aggression, which can be distressing to other users. Any message containing one or more words in uppercase (with the exception of acronyms and initials) may be rejected.
Rules of Good Conduct
You agree not to use the Website to:
- Submit false or inaccurate content;
- Submit content unrelated to the designated theme or subject;
- Submit or make available any unlawful, offensive, discriminatory, racist, obscene, denigrating, hateful, harassing, defamatory, abusive or otherwise objectionable content;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Usurp the identity of any person or entity, or misrepresent through imprecision or deliberate error your relationship with such a person or entity;
- Submit or make available any content that you do not have the right to make available under a law or in any contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or confidential information acquired or disclosed in the context of professional relationships or under a non-disclosure clause);
- Submit or make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other rights of ownership;
- Submit or make available any advertising, chain letters, promotional material, junk mail, spam, pyramid scheme or any other form of unsolicited or unauthorized communication irrelevant to the BDCA;
- Submit or make available any material containing viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Take measures which would inflict, or could inflict, an unreasonable or disproportionate burden on the BDCA technological infrastructure or make requests that generate excessive traffic on the Website;
- Intentionally or unintentionally contravene any applicable municipal, provincial, federal or international law;
- Stalk or harass others;
- Collect or retain personal data about other users in relation to prohibited behaviours and activities stipulated in previous points.
- The BDCA will correct any false or misleading information about itself as quickly as possible.
Limitation of Liability
Transmitting information over the Internet is never trivial, nor is it completely secure, and the BDCA cannot guarantee the security of your data transmissions. Any data you transmit are sent at your own risk.
Despite the BDCA adoption of a policy on the protection of personal information by its authorized managers and employees, it is possible that such information could be illicitly disclosed or intercepted.
The BDCA shall not be held responsible for any damages whatsoever, direct or indirect, incurred in connection with the use of the Website, including specific, punitive, exemplary, accessory, moral or consequential damages, loss of income, lost profits or loss of information, damages for business interruption, loss or erasure of programs or data in an information system, and any other expenses or damages that may result from the use or non-availability of the Website. Neither shall the BDCA be held responsible for the algorithms embodied within its Website, the incompatibility of any software downloaded or copied from the same, any disruption, defect, processing or transmission delay, or the presence of a virus, worm or digital Trojan horse or other destructive elements, or a power or system failure, whether or not the BDCA is aware of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
Any user of the Website expressly waives any recourse against the BDCA and holds it free of any claim, remedy or damages of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the use of the BDCA website. The user also undertakes to defend the interests of the BDCA, its employees, representatives and agents in any claim, demand, remedies or prosecution against the latter by third parties due to the use of the Website by the user and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, to indemnify and hold it harmless of capital, costs and interests of any judgement, conviction or decision which may be delivered against it and any amount it may have disbursed before or after judgement in view of the above.